Friday, October 8, 2010

It's raining

When it rains, it pours.
And right now, I feel like I'm in a torrential downpour.

At about 3 o'clock today I realized I hadn't eaten yet and I was hungry!
There isn't a lot of quick meal food in the house as tomorrow is grocery day. Ethan was napping at that time and I decided that once he woke up I would go get something to eat.

Sadly, my food trip didn't exactly go as planned.

In retrospect I should have just gone to sonic (it's across the street) but I couldn't stop thinking about McDonalds and the fact that they have the monopoly game going right now swayed my thinking.

About a mile and a half from home, while sitting at a red light, my car died.
I tried to re-start it but it just wouldn't stay running more than 5 seconds.
So, I turned on my caution lights and tried to call N at work.
No answer. Left a voicemail.
Thankfully after not too long two super nice men cam and pushed me, quite a ways, into the Walgreens parking lot.

Ok, so now I'm thinking about how to get Ethan and I home.
I try starting my car again and notice that the low oil light is on. Sreiously? I just took it in to Jiffy Lube yesterday morning and paid $27 to have the oil changed! Ugh, not cool!
I add 2 quarts of oil and I think it's going to get me home but it dies again as I'm driving through the Walgreens parking lot. Luckily, I'm able to coast into a parking space.
I then call the $7 cab company (who actually charge $8 - per person) and after a 15 minute wait Ethan and I are on our way home.

So here I sit, still hungry, out of cash, throughly frustrated, and out $10.

I should have just ordered a pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment