Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Huh?

Just woke up from my nap and am feeling much better!

Now, for a funny story.

First let my explain a few things that help this story.
1) My parents are married and live together.
2) While my dad occasionally goes out-of-town for business he has been home for at least the past 3 weeks.
3)My dad likes to talk, it's pretty rare for me to have a phone conversation with him that lasts less than 20 minutes.
4) My dad is a pastor and my mom also works at the church (which is right next door to their house).
5) My mom has been pretty sick (flu/cold/achy,etc.) for the past week and a half.

Ok, I hadn't talked to my mom since Friday and I wanted to see how she was doing so I called my parents house and my dad answers

D: hello
Me: Hi it Michelle.
* silence as though I am a stranger*
Me: It's me, Michelle.
*with slight recognition*
D:Oh. Hi.
Me: Is mom there?
D: I don't think so.
Me: Well do you know how she's doing? Tam (my aunt) texted me because she couldn't get a hold of mom so do you know how she is?
*sounds of chewing*
D: Uh, no. I haven't talked to her in awhile, not lately, I really don't know. I think she's over at the church.
Me: Ok. Thanks dad. bye.
D: bye.

It was the oddest conversation. ever.
I'm not sure he ever fully realized who he was talking to.
And, how does he not know how she is feeling? My dad isn't always the most perceptive person (it took him 3 months to realize I had pierced my nose, while I was still living at home) but come on . . .

The whole conversation was just . . .odd.

Oh, and I tried calling the church and got a fax machine sound :s.


No comments:

Post a Comment