Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The wonders of Lavender and . . . a 10 month old?

Today I made the most amazing thing, an all natural diaper pail spray that works wonderfully!!!
There is currently a HUGE pile of dirty cloth diapers, wet sheets, dirty, clothes, etc... piled up in E's room (the washer is currently on the fritz) Well, needless to say, the smell was overwhelming.

Yesterday I picked up a bottle of lavender essential oil at the store and today I mixed up, 1 3/4 cups water, 1/4 cup white vinegar, and 25 drops of lavender essential oil. Shook it all up in a spray bottle and sprayed it over the whole mess. E's room now smells faintly of lavender but the icky ammonia smell is gone - I am in love! :)

This would work as a furniture spray, room spray, pretty much an, "anything stinky" spray. I believe you could substitute the lavender essential oil with any scent of your choice - if you do that leave a comment here and let me know how it goes!

While E and I were at the store yesterday he was sitting in the front of the cart and when we got to the checkout the clerk said something along the ilnes of, what a cutie, about ten months old? I could help but chuckle :) No, I said, he's only about five months old. I'm pretty sure the clerk didn't believe me. He gave me a look like "yeah right lady, what are you smoking?"

Ah yes, my ten month old . . . . five month old is now hollering at me from his room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment