Friday, August 6, 2010

The Baby Whisperer

My son is 4 months old and still gets up in the middle of the night :s
When I took him in for his 4 month checkup the PA we saw said that he should be able to sleep through the night. Should.
Last night was the final straw, he wouldn't go to sleep until 1:30am and then woke up 3 times (one of them was kind of my fault, thought). But, let's back up a minute here, I'm not a fan of "crying it out" So, When E was born I jumped on the attachment parenting bandwagon . . . and but soon realized I wasn't 100% attachment. So I'm about 60-70% attachment 5% crying in out (when exhaustion has hit me) and the other 25-35%? Who knows.

One sleepless night, a few weeks ago, I discovered "the baby whisperer" aka Tracy Hogg. I liked what I read so I went online to our library's website and put her book on reserve. Apparently she's quite populary as I just got the book a couple days ago.

Now, back to last night. It's 12:30am E is fussing, I'm tired I can tell that he's tired, but no one (except for my husband) is sleeping :( So, I pulled out the baby whisper book and started speed reading through what looked to be the most relevant parts for getting your baby to sleep.
While I didn't start her "Three-Day Magic" last night I have decided to read more in depth this weekend and start the program (?) on Monday.

Once we're done with "Three-Day Magic", which could take 2 couple weeks as E is over 3 months, I'll write up a review of the book and let you know how it worked for us.

And just for the record, my husband is very skeptical that this will work, but I'm going to hold out hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment