Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Willpower and Garlic Parmesan Sauce

The hubby and I started the Atkins diet today, this is his second go around with it and it worked great the first time. I was preggers w/baby girl the first time so I didn't do it with him.

If today has proven one things it's that I love to eat junk and I have zero willpower, absolutely none!

The Atkins diet is pretty simple, eat less than 20 net carbs a day eating mainly green vegetables and meat. Limited dairy, no fruit, and no sugar. Translation: no fun.

Back to the no willpower thing;  along with my "allowed foods" today I also ate, 3 packs of fruit snacks, 2 regular, full-sugar pops, several Belgian mint chocolates, and 1 white chocolate candy bar.
Ugh, no wonder I need to lose 74 pounds :(

In other news, while trying to come up with a delicious garlic parmesan wing sauce tonight I inadvertently made the most amazingly delicious parmasean garlic alfredo sauce, this stuff is awesome, I'm talking standing at the stove eating it with a spoon awesome!

While I didn't take any pictures I did remember the recipe. So, here ya go!

1 stick of butter
1 med onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 cup whipping cream
1 T. corn starch
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

In saucepan saute onion and garlic in 1 T. butter until golden brown.
Add remaining butter and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Meanwhile stir 1 T. corn starch into 1/2 cup whipping cream until dissolved.
Add parmesan cheese to butter mixture.
Add cornstarch and whipping cream to butter mixture, stir quickly and then remove from heat. Sauce will look very thick at this point.
Add remaining 1/2 cup of whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste

You can serve this over pasta or do like I did and toss the sauce over 4 pounds of cooked chicken breast chucks, spread on baking sheet and place in oven. Broil approx. 10-15 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment