Thursday, September 15, 2011

E's new coat!

This morning, after I woke up, I told my husband I didn't feel like being a grown-up today and wasn't there someone else who could be the mom for awhile?
He just laughed at me. How rude.

Seriously though, it's been a rough week. I've been sick, the kids have been sick, the house looks like we've been sick.

I'm finally feeling better through, tired but better. Hey, I even managed to finish sewing E's winter coat, which is a good thing considering it's been hoovering around 65 all day.

E's coat was a  mess to make, I enjoyed making it but it felt like a mess. I drafted my own pattern, used two layers of fleece for warmth, an old micro suede dress shirt of the hubby's to line it and some super cute monster/peace printed corduroy to accent the (cheaper) green corduroy. I do plan to make baby girl a coat in the next couple of weeks so I'll try to pull the mess together and post a tut at that point.

 The whole she-bang! E's in bed so no modeling pic's :(

 A side-ways close up of the front - buttons are from on old (fake) fur coat of mine.

 Sleeve detailing

 A pocket

 The inside, right-hand side of the coat. I cut the lining to include to pocket from hubby's shirt.

The lining of the coat

No comments:

Post a Comment