Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Facebook

I've decided that facebook is a double edged sword.

I love it because you can play games, post pictures, and be nosy aka keep up with your "friends".

I hate it because it reminds you that you are not as close to people as you used to be . . . as you wish you were . . .

It reminds you that friendships have changed . . . that people have moved on . . . that you have been, "left behind"

I've never been good at keeping long-distance friendships. I wish I were, All of my friends live at least 3 1/2 hours away . . .

And so I check facebook and feel hurt for the milestones in life that I have not been invited to celebrate, for the closeness they have developed with others, for the simply fact that life goes on, people change, nothing remains the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment