Monday, July 12, 2010

Mealtime Monday - Shepherds Pie

Last Week I was racking my brain trying to think of something yummy to make for dinner. It had been a few weeks since I'd been to the store so I was low on ingredients. Luckily I remembered I had hamburger in the freezer which made me decide to make a shepherds pie. And let me tell you, it was awesome! I'm actually eating some of the leftovers right now and they are just as good now as they were a few days ago.

Shepherds Pie
1 med onion, chopped
1 splash EVOO
1 1/2lb 70/30 ground beef
1 can campbells cream of asparagus soup
1 can corn, drained
1 can green beans, drained
1 can peas, drained
10 servings instant mashed potatoes
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350F
In a skillet saute onion in EVOO on medium-high heat until soft, add ground beef and cover skillet until ground beef is throughly cooked, stir occasionally.
After ground beef is cooked and cream of asparagus soup, corn, green beans, peas, and salt and pepper to taste.
Pour mixture into 3qt casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes. I used instant because that's all I had on hand, you could certainly use real mashed potatoes if you feel ambitious but I honestly thought the instant were tasted fine (no fake, pasty taste to them).

Make for 30-45 minutes until potatoes are golden and bubbly.

Serve and enjoy!

Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment