Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Dentist.

I really do not like going to the dentist. There is something about someone getting that up close and personal, digging around in my mouth while generally causing me slight pain and discomfort that just does not excite me.
With all that being said it's been well over a year since I've been to the dentist. I know I've got a couple cavities and we are blessed to have great dental insurance through my husband's job so there isn't really any good excuses as to why I haven't gone.

Oh yeah, except for that fact that I hate going . . .

I actually made appointments with 2 different dentist today. The last dentist I tried I just didn't like, I felt like they were very superficial and just after my money. Not cool.

My husband goes to the same dentist he's gone to since he was a kid, he's not a big fan of the dentist either, but he's also not a fan of change.
I'm not sure if I want to go to the dentist he uses. I don't like his picture on the website and they don't have tv's to watch while you get your teeth cleaned. Pathetic, I know.

Growing up we always went to the dentist my mom picked and they were always these tall men with big jaws that slightly freaked me out. The picture of the dentists where my husband's goes slightly resembles those childhood dentists . . .

Appointment #1 is with his dentist/dental group. The lady never told me which dentist I was going to see . . .


I made appointment #2 with a dental office I chose by going to our insurance carrier's website, looking up who they covered and then checking out different websites.

The dentist at the dental office I picked are all younger, there's even a woman there!
Sadly, dental websites do not readily proclaim if they have tv's in the exam rooms. What is up with that? If I was a dentist I would advertise like motels - 36" flat screen! full cable with HBO. I mean, come on, that's the only reason I go to the dentist. . . well, it is. ;)

So, what should I so? should I go with my husband's dentist or should I go with my pick?

Last year I went to the eye Dr. he goes to . . . this year I'm trying a new one.

The bottom line is I don't want to offend my husband.

Shoot, I guess I'll just ask him when he gets home from work.



BTW, anyone wanna borrow a super cranky 7 month old for the day? he comes with diapers & formula :)

No comments:

Post a Comment