Monday, December 6, 2010

No.

I'm a nosy person by nature; If I've ever been to your house I've probably looked in your bathroom cabinets. More than once.

I have a tendency to put myself into the middle of situations and to take things a little too personally when I really just need to step back and say no.

No, I do not want to go to your child's birthday party.

No, I will not help you write an email, you are 24 years old. Please act like it.

No, I will not tell you personally, this is the way everybody found out and if you don't like it then maybe you should take a long hard look at our friendship and realize that you have been backing away ever since I got married and had a baby.

No, I will not come to your Christmas party. In fact, I think it is very rude that we already invited you and your husband to our house on that night a couple weeks ago and your response is to throw a, no children allowed, Chiristmas party. Yes, I am offended by that and no, I will not be coming.

Whew, big breath.

Why don't I have the guts to say those things to people's faces?

No comments:

Post a Comment