Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nap Time

E is currently boycotting naptime :(
Normally he naps from 10-12, 1:30-4, and 5-7.
Today he napped from 10:30-11:30.
Yup, that's all.
He drank only about 1 1/2 ounces of his bottle around 12:30 and I thought he was going to take a nap as he fell asleep. So, I laid him down, started some laundry, came back upstairs and in about 5 minutes he was crying. So, I gave him his bottle, thinking he was still hungry, and he only ate 1/2 ounce then fell back asleep. five minutes later, he's awake again. At this point I had a revelation, since he's almost 3 months old and last weighed in at 15lbs, 24.5" I though that maybe he was eating so strangely (he did the same thing yesterday) because he's ready for the stage 2 nipple. I switched the nipple and sure enough he finished off 4 ounces in under 15 minutes - wahoo! It had been taking him 30-45 minutes to eat 4 ounces :(
Sadly, he still wasn't sleepy. So, I changed his diaper and now he's laying in his new crib looking at the mobile and talking up a storm.
While I really wish he was sleeping I'm grateful that he isn't crying and is content to rest.
Hopefully this anti-nap attitude will pass soon!

Ok, I'm off to switch over the laundry :)


No comments:

Post a Comment